Genius Hour Reflection

My topic for the first Genius Hour was to research how commercials are made. Though this was my 3rd choice after a failed two attempts at other topics, I’m glad I choose this as my final topic.  I choose how commercials are made because I have always had an interest in the entertainment industry and want to become a A.E when I am older. So, researching how commercials is right along that type of profession. Also, I thought it would cool to learn how commercials are made since there are so many and their everywhere.Surprisingly, I learned a lot during this process. To begin with, I learned that all commercials are made in a similar way but just the amount of talent and funding varies. Also, that it could take a couple of months to finish a final product.However, even though I learned a lot about the industry, it did not help me grow as a person. I think this is because it was more for entertainment and I didn’t have the mindset of growing as a person. To continue, my project it didn’t really help the community. I think this is so because in order for it to help it would have to relate to someone in the film industry. However, since I presented to my classmates I think they found it interesting but it didn’t help them advance in any way. Finally, what I learn in this Genius Hour will help my community/ world because it will give me a professional way to express my ideas through commercials. Since,  I have learned the steps, I will just have to get the fundings.

2 thoughts on “Genius Hour Reflection