Countless Hours in the School Yard

There are many kids in the Edublog community and we all have different experiences in our international lives. For me, I spend more hours at school some days than at home. This is not just because my siblings and I engage in many different activities like basketball, karate, or soccer but our school is also a safe play where can hang out with our friends after school hours. To begin with my day on a regular basis starts like this; I get to school at around 7:50am and head to library to finish up any leftover from the night before or just to get some extra sleep. Then after 15 – 20 minutes when people show up, I go outside and find my friends talk until the bell ringing at 8:25am. Next, our regular school day is off. The bell to inform us our hard day of work is over goes off at 3:20pm. Finally, after a hopefully productive day, I head to Shady Shake, our on campus restaurant, and get a snack and have some down time before it’s time to go to my next activity. This season is basketball at my school so at about 4:15 it’s time to ball! After test, notes taking, eating, mental breakdowns, bar spitting, and footwork drills, it finally time for me to go home at 6:15 pm.

It may seem like a lot but I love beginning activity and having something to look forward to. What’s your school day like and your favorite part of the day?

One thought on “Countless Hours in the School Yard

1. G’day Nichole,
    I wonder if there is a more interesting way to present a timetable of events? You might like to think about visiting some other blogs that have included a timetable.